Point is a new kind of spending experience; one that rewards you for spending what you have, actively encourages you to avoid overspending, and never charges interest or hidden fees. We’re going after a multi-trillion dollar opportunity to deliver transparency and shake up the world of consumer payments.
We’re looking for our first Data Analyst to join our small but mighty team of passionate and collaborative folks. We just launched Point to the public in November and we’ve already been ranked as a top finance app in the App Store, processed millions in transaction volume, and cultivated an enthusiastic community of early adopters. Additionally, we're backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures), Y Combinator.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing, Business Operations, and Business Development teams on monitoring, measurement, research and experimentation.
- Perform complex data analysis using SQL on a daily basis
- Define KPIs that drive strategy and facilitate decision making for key business initiatives
- Explore our data sets and take ownership of data quality, to identify and investigate new opportunities and efficiencies
- Effectively communicate your work with team leads and cross-functional stakeholders on a regular basis
- Collaborate with other engineers to mature the analytics model
- 3+ years of analytics industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, or other related field) OR experience outside of academia in a quantitative role
- Advanced proficiency with database querying technologies (e.g. SQL or similar)
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Understanding of marketing fundamentals; campaign impact analysis, customer retention, lifecycle marketing or CRM-related experience
- An understanding of the payments industry and experience working with transaction data
- The ability to learn quickly and initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- A problem solving attitude and analytical mindset
- Intellectual curiosity
- A passion for Point's mission
Bonus Points (no pun intended)
- You have experience with relational cloud databases like Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, but also comfortable working with unstructured files and datasets
- You understand statistics and base models such as linear and logistic regression and segmentation methods and time series analysis, outlier and anomaly detection, categorical data analysis and causal impact modeling
- Experience in a high-growth tech environment
Technologies we use and teach:
- SQL and Python for data analysis
- Open source BI tools for data visualization and consumer facing dashboards
- Data Lake and Data Warehouse hosted in AWS, Postgres and Redshift
- Airflow + DBT for data pipelining
- Segment for 3rd party data integrations
- Opportunity to be a part of a brand that is creating a new standard of financial services and entering at the ground floor of a fast growing, mission-driven company.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points
- Monthly stipends for continuous learning, health & wellness, and commuting.