Point is a new kind of spending experience; one that rewards you for spending what you have, actively encourages you to avoid overspending, and never charges interest or hidden fees. We’re going after a multi-trillion dollar opportunity to deliver transparency and shake up the world of consumer payments.
We’re looking for a General Counsel to join our small but mighty team of passionate and collaborative folks. We just launched Point to the public in November and we’ve already been ranked as a top finance app in the App Store, processed millions in transaction volume, and cultivated an enthusiastic community of early adopters. Additionally, we're backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures), Y-Combinator.
About The Role:
As our first General Counsel, you will be working cross functionally across the organization and filling in gaps where necessary — ranging from advising key business strategy to managing external counsel. The ideal candidate will be a business minded individual that is thrilled to work at the intersection of a business operating role and legal. This is a unique and high-impact opportunity to be a key contributor in a fast pace startup.
- A lawyer that enjoys partaking in creating key business decisions and improving existing strategies.
- Excited to lead a team and build out the legal function of an early stage startup.
- Passionate about working on a mission driven product, that has the potential to positively impact millions of people and become a multibillion dollar enterprise.
How You'll Contribute:
- Advise the Founders, leadership team, and staff in making crucial strategic decisions.
- Conduct negotiation of all major contracts and development of standard contracts to support business which includes (and is not limited to) building out commercial agreements and future partnerships.
- Drive continuous improvements and operational excellence in deal processes and execution.
- Provide legal guidance across the organization such as Compliance, Operations, Product, etc.
- Oversee management of external counsel.
- Manage and build out all processes related to Legal and Compliance from the ground up.
- Build, scale, and lead Point's legal function as we continuously expand our operations.
- Help with other corporate projects ad hoc.
What We're Looking For:
- 3 to 5 years of experience acting as a corporate counsel at a pre-IPO startup, an M&A attorney, or venture counsel.
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school.
- Previous experience or strong interest in advising on financial products and building scalable processes.
- Skilled communicator that will be able to consider all legal and business risks.
- Strong collaborator that enjoys partnering with cross-functional team members.
- No task is too big or too small, we're all hands on deck here.
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow through in a fast paced environment.
- Previous experience working for or with a venture backed consumer or fintech company (pre-IPO).
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is creating a new standard of financial services and entering at the ground floor of a fast growing, mission-driven company.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points
- Monthly stipends for continuous learning, health & wellness, and commuting.