Point is a new kind of spending experience; one that rewards you for spending what you have, actively encourages you to avoid overspending, and never charges interest or hidden fees. We’re going after a multi-trillion dollar opportunity to deliver transparency and shake up the world of consumer payments.
We’re looking for a Fraud Analyst to join our small but mighty team of passionate and collaborative folks. We just launched Point to the public in November and we’ve already been ranked as a top finance app in the App Store, processed millions in transaction volume, and cultivated an enthusiastic community of early adopters. Additionally, we're backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures), Y-Combinator.
About The Role:
The Fraud Analyst will take on the challenging tasks of monitoring and protect the user's of Point. This new member will create policies and processes for handling suspected fraud, disputes, and identity (KYC) verification. This is a unique opportunity to identify opportunities for improvement and continuously collaborating on solutions to fight fraud.
How You'll Contribute:
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to improve our fraud prevention mechanisms, rules, processes, and tools.
- Build and monitor dashboards that flag risky transactions and other abuse for manual review.
- Investigate individual transactions using established policies and review methodologies to determine if the transaction is fraudulent or not.
- Solve complex problems by gathering and distilling web, financial and behavioral data into actionable findings.
- Research fraud, identity and user behavior to contribute to rules, models and other detection systems.
- Maintain strong domain knowledge of the worlds of fraud including prevention techniques and technologies.
- Create a scalable and effective collections program.
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting of fraud activity, loss and trends to internal stakeholders.
What We're Looking For:
- A minimum of 4 years of risk/fraud experience, preferably at a fast-growing fintech company, large online marketplace, or retail bank.
- Strong SQL skills — you are comfortable writing complex queries and building dashboards.
- Passion for solving complex problems and staying one-step ahead of bad actors.
- A demonstrated ability and desire to think and act like an owner. You take a highly proactive approach to your work.
- A proven ability to get things done, manage your time, and prioritize for impact.
- Demonstrated decision making skills.
- Ability to spot patterns and formalize complex ideas into a well-defined process.
- Proven track record of utilizing and presenting analytical skills.
- Quick-thinker and fast learner. You have good intuition and an eye for the details.
- Experience and comfortable working in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Opportunity to be a part of a brand that is creating a new standard of financial services and entering at the ground floor of a fast growing, mission-driven company.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points.
- Monthly stipends for continuous learning, health & wellness, and commuting.