Point is a technology and design company that transforms everyday spending into a delightful and rewarding experience. We’re re-thinking the payment experience with an emphasis on transparency, delight, and personalization.
With the best benefits of both debit and credit, Point Card earns you points on every purchase redeemable for instant cash-back. Point App works side by side with Point Card to create an elegant, easy-to-use experience.
Backed by top investors like Peter Thiel (Valar Ventures) and Y Combinator, we’re well-funded and ready to make a positive impact on people’s daily lives.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer, Frontend to join our specialized team. We have the vision and resources, but need your talent and skills.
Who we're looking for, and what we'll build together
As a Software Engineer, Frontend, you will be focused on working on user-facing products in React and React Native. You'll work with our all-star design team, headed by one of the original authors of Apple's UI design guidelines.
You'll be part of a team responsible for our iOS and Android mobile applications, our user-facing website, and internal tools and systems. Our frontend and backend systems are connected with GraphQL, and we're using React Native for Web to deliver a consistent end-user (and developer!) experience across platforms.
- 5+ years experience in frontend development
- 3+ years in the React ecosystem (JS or Native)
- A desire to work on either web or mobile projects as needed
- A passion for user interface design
- Fintech or cryptocurrency experience, especially at a venture-backed startup
- Experience using GraphQL for client/server (ideally Apollo)
- Experience with native mobile app development on Android or iOS.
- Experience creating fluid motion interactions on mobile and/or web platforms.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- Unlimited vacation policy, paid company holidays, and WFH flexible. We shut down the office at the end of the year for a winter holiday.
- Free Point Card membership + 10,000 ($100) monthly points
- Monthly stipends for continuous learning, health & wellness, and commuting.