Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium’s technology, local businesses are able to simplify the way they build their business and modernize the way they communicate with their customers – from collecting payments, facilitating online reviews, launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on local business and helping them to build thriving businesses has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, inclusive, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride.
As the Director of Communications and Social, reporting to our CMO, you will be responsible for leading and building a communications and social strategy while developing relationships between Podium and the media and our community, to continue advancing the company’s market position. Working across brand, social, and communications, you’ll develop a PR strategy to showcase business growth and demonstrate our overall success across the market. Ideally, you are passionate, detail-oriented, an excellent communicator, independent thinker and incredibly innovative.
- Set high-level communications strategy for both internal and external communications needs, and execute campaigns that highlight the strength of our business, the depth of our team, and the company’s greater strategy and opportunity
- Set the social strategy for organic and owned channels and build campaigns and content approaches to build awareness and community with Podium’s customers and key audience groups.
- Identify and build out communications materials including press pitches, press releases, blogs, talking points and speeches/presentations for executives which speak to the state of the company.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key media across national, technology, and local media.
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the organization to support key Company objectives, including senior leadership team -- by leveraging, shaping and better articulating our value prop across all channels and projects.
- Develop written materials, including company messaging and statements, communications plans, FAQs, and other collateral for both internal communications and external communication programs.
- Collaborate with content, creative and product marketing team members to maintain a consistent brand voice and message across all programs.
- Manage and coach a team tasked with planning and executing the growth of Podium in key markets and verticals.
- 10+ years of professional experience; minimum of 8 years in communications and/or public relations
- Demonstrated leadership skills and passion to continue to nurture and build a team, developing the next generation of leaders.
- On-the-record experience with financial and business media outlets required; efforts managing communications campaigns around corporate acquisitions, fundraising cycles, or other financial events preferred.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and package top-notch content on rapid deadlines.
- Self-starter who can balance multiple priorities simultaneously, able to work within tight deadlines, establish clear priorities and maintain professionalism under pressure
- High alignment with our brand values, mission and belief in our potential; need to be able to authentically bring top media along with us on our journey
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively across the organization.
- Must have a positive attitude and willingness to roll-up their sleeves and get things done.
- A positive, diverse, and supportive culture, ranked as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2021.
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.