Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium’s technology, local businesses are able to simplify the way they build their business and modernize the way they communicate with their customers – from collecting payments, facilitating online reviews, launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on local business and helping them to build thriving businesses has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, inclusive, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride.
We are seeking a Director of Sales Operations to manage/improve the portfolio of sales ops rhythms and processes unique to Podium. The successful candidate will establish themselves as a trusted advisor to the Chief Sales Officer and sales leadership. This individual will partner with leaders from Sales, Customer Success, and Alliances & Channels as well as our Product, Finance, Marketing, Employee Success, and Salesforce teams. Success in this role will be measured by Podium ACV, revenue, and operating expense goals as well as employee engagement and retention KPIs.
What you will be doing:
- Partner with Global Sales, Strategy & Analytics, and Finance to develop annual plans for headcount allocations by geo and team, leveraging ongoing analyses of ratios (e.g., # Account Executives: # Sales Development managers) and coverage models. Ensure plans are consistent with planned operating expense envelopes.
- Monitor actual vs planned hiring, confirming conformance to ratios and coverage models, providing reports to management, and assessing for ongoing validity (or improvement) of existing standards.
- Manage Podium's tech stack including CRM, opportunity routing, prospect outreach, performance management and other sales productivity tools
- Manage the business reporting and conduct analysis around key performance improvement areas for the go-to-market organization
- Align quotas with territories, determine over-assigns, compare historicals, and align quotas across Podium sales organizations.
- Provide analysis and reporting of compensation plan effectiveness and efficiency, including performance reporting at the individual, manager, and regional levels. Compile, assess and report on performance and earnings distributions.
- Optimize the redesign, automation, or integration of capacity, quota, and compensation-related processes, rhythms, and systems.
- Manage and develop a growing team of Sales Operations professionals to deliver the above responsibilities
What you should have:
- 8+ years in finance, operations, or sales productivity, or related field, with at least 2 years of experience in managing a team
- Demonstrated leadership in delivering results with large-scale, cross-functional teams
- Proven track record of establishing and managing compensation and sales operations with an emphasis on managing and optimizing incentive programs to balance outcomes vs expenses
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft high quality executive presentations
- Experience in process improvement
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly, to new demands; a high sense of urgency
- Strong executive presence, presenting to large groups, effective communication and influence skills
- Strong collaboration and problem solving skills
- Transparent culture
- Work in this building in Lehi, UT
- Generous company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited paid time off (generous vacation policy)
- Market competitive total compensation package
- If in Utah, a stellar onsite gym with local professional coaches, morning and night classes offered
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.