Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
Our payments product is both improving and creating new ways for our customers to collect payments. We seamlessly combine conversational, text-based commerce with in-store hardware to make it as easy as possible for our merchants to get paid. In 2021, we will be 10x’ing our previous year’s revenue goal. The Podium Payments Risk Management team provides world-class fraud protection that keeps pace with our break-neck speed of growth.
Our ideal candidate has a strong background in fraud/forensic investigations or fraud operations. As a Lead Risk Analyst, Operations you will play a critical role in building the future of the risk management at Podium as well as the payments product. You will also play a key role in building Podium’s investigatory processes and team. You will work closely with payments leaders in both product, design, and development as well as other teams across the organization. You will also identify, mitigate, and respond to financial, legal, and reputation risks while ensuring clear communication with all stakeholders.
In this role you will:
- Build scalable solutions for risk operation bottlenecks
- Regularly review suspicious account activity, suspicious transactions, and identify emerging fraud trends to deter fraud attacks
- Collaborate with Risk policy, Data Science, Engineering, Product, Sales, and Support teams to share fraud trends and provide insight on new fraud behaviors
- Create documentation and policy for the risk operations team to include: training, playbooks, documentation, resolution paths, FAQs, etc.
- Identify and advocate for the proper tooling for the risk operations team
- Mentor and train junior team members
- Contribute to key risk projects and initiatives as necessary
What you should have:
- 3-5 years of fraud/forensics investigation experience in the Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance industries, a Law Enforcement agency, or a Payment Processor conducting transaction and account activity reviews
- Deep knowledge of the payments industry, including: ACH, AML, KYC/KYB, insider threat investigations, credit card fraud, transaction surveillance, forensic investigations, etc.
- Track record establishing relationships with other departments such as product, engineering, information security, and support.
- Exceptional project management skills
- Ability to work independently and a strong sense of ownership
- Strong competence in developing persuasive presentations and documentation using tools like: Google Documents, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
What we hope you have:
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative as well as a sensitivity to the diverse perspectives of stakeholders and working with them to resolve differences
- The capability to calmly handle constant change and ambiguity
- Past examples of providing clarity to complex issues and synthesizing large amounts of information into clear, actionable takeaways
- Basic proficiency in SQL and/or python
- Proficiency in data visualization fundamentals as well as experience with data visualization tools such as: Teradata, Aster, Hadoop, Tableau, Raw Charts, Qlik, PowerBI, Domo etc.
- Transparent culture
- Work in this building in Lehi, UT
- Great opportunities for career growth
- A stellar onsite gym with local professional coaches, morning and night classes offered
- Weekly free lunch, breakfast and smoothies
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.