Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium’s technology, local businesses are able to simplify the way they build their business and modernize the way they communicate with their customers – from collecting payments, facilitating online reviews, launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on local business and helping them to build thriving businesses has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, inclusive, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride.
Do you love functional programming? Are you passionate about Elixir? At Podium, Elixir is the backbone of what we do. Our stack (Elixir, Phoenix, React, PostgresSQL) is designed for building scalable and maintainable applications. We are using Elixir across a multitude of teams at Podium to build complex and mission-critical systems. Oh and we offer 100% remote opportunities anywhere in the country!
What you should have:
- 5+ years of experience is a professional development environment
- 4+ years of experience with Functional programming (Ideally Elixir)
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS or other cloud environments (GCP, Azure)
- The ability to contribute to architecture and design of scalable new and current backend systems
- The ability to take ownership and drive launch services
What we hope you have:
- 5+ years working as a full stack engineer in a hyper growth SaaS company
- Passionate about Elixir and filling in any gaps of knowledge of the cutting edge language
- Experience with React Framework
- Passionate about mentoring peers and growing on a daily basis
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with highly scalable backend microservices
- Experience with GraphQL and/or Apollo Client
- Remote first work setting for Engineering & Product
- Great opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- Yearly home office upgrade stipend
- Yearly team building on-site events at HQ in Utah
- Multiple internal hackathons a year
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.