Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
We’re looking for a Senior Tax Manager to partner with our Finance, Sales, User Operations, and Legal teams to ensure tax compliance for Podium’s fast growing business.
As Senior Tax Manager, you will support the Accounting team by being the primary contact in charge of tax and compliance policies.
- Work to guarantee legal and regulatory compliance of income tax returns and other tax-related business filings at company, local, state, federal and foreign levels.
- Collaborate with colleagues and external partners on tax return filings and extensions; provide support to ensure proper documentation.
- Manage a wide variety of tax-related tasks, including withholding tax, property tax, sales and use taxes; local / state franchise and gross receipts taxes; value- added tax (VAT), goods and services tax (GST), etc.
- Prepare and review annual income tax provision calculations and applicable financial statement disclosures.
- Conduct technical tax research regarding tax filing / payment requirements, taxability of products and exemptions and changes in tax legislation, domestically and internationally; stay apprised of general tax law changes, implement changes in process accordingly.
- Manage transfer pricing matters; develop and audit transfer pricing analyses and reports; maintain transfer pricing documentation to comply with applicable regulations; advise as to the implications of changes with regard to new business initiatives.
- Act as the point-of-contact for domestic and international tax authorities to assist with tax examinations / audits.
- Month-end close: Perform weekly and monthly tax reconciliations.
- Ad hoc projects as they arise across various teams (e.g.: international expansion).
- Be flexible in a constantly changing and high growth business environment!
- Minimum of 7+ years applicable experience
- Previous role(s) in tax firms or in-house accounting departments
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or similar, CPA preferred
- Technical knowledge of ASC 740
- International tax experience, preferred
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Strong aptitude and proficiency in Excel
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal
- Process oriented with an appreciation for financial controls
- High degree of integrity and a proven record of ethical financial behavior.
- Experience with multi-currency is a plus
- Transparent culture
- Work in this building in Lehi, UT
- Great opportunities for career growth
- A stellar onsite gym with local professional coaches, morning and night classes offered
- Weekly free lunch
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.