Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
The Field Sales Account Executive position is to facilitate field sales of Podium’s software and hardware offerings to existing and prospective customers in an assigned territory with the primary focus on new customer acquisition. This role requires leveraging existing relationships, and developing new relationships, and acting as a trusted business partner to deeply understand the unique company challenges and goals. This person will manage a specific territory in the greater Salt Lake City, UT area and is expected to be organized and communicative with a Founder’s mentality.
What you will be doing:
- Prospect and set appointments from both an inside and outside sales motion.
- Establish productive relationships with key personnel in each territory.
- Conduct product and sales training with new and prospective Podium customers.
- Maintain a SaaS and GPV quota
- Make sure all assigned customers are up to date with all product offerings and marketing materials.
- Assist with consumer engagement events and activities within the designated territory
- Continually visit and monitor accounts for new opportunities.
- Attend trade shows as determined necessary by management
- This job requires 75% travel
- Provide feedback to management on progress and opportunity within the territory
- Other duties as assigned by manager or designee
What you should have:
- 1+ years of territory sales experience.
- Engaging, persuasive, and approachable personality.
- Well organized, determined, motivated, and a hunter mentality.
- Possess strong knowledge of sales techniques and processes
- Experience with customer-facing, fact-based selling strategies (inside and outside sales).
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Readiness to travel to customers, targets, and industry events.
- Transparent culture
- Great opportunities for career growth
- Monthly stipend for certain travel and meal expenses
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.