Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
As a Technology Partnerships Lead (Integration Partnerships) you will play a truly unique and influential role at Podium Australia, generating and maintaining strategic relationships with local integration partners.
For Podium to continue dominating the local SMB market here in Australia, software integrations are absolutely crucial. So far, we’ve successfully secured and developed some impressive integration partnerships with several local and global CRM and POS software providers, although we’ve still got our best work ahead of us - and that’s where we need you!
You will not only be tasked with sourcing prospective integration partners, but you will also be responsible for project/stakeholder management (ensuring the smooth build of a custom API/Integration), along with ongoing partner management (maintaining long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships between Podium and partners).
What you’ll do:
- Prospect for, generate and close mutually beneficial agreements with integration partners (with a focus on local, vertical-specific software providers)
- Overcome prospective partner objections by conveying the value that an integration with Podium will bring to their business
- Manage external stakeholders by developing genuine relationships with people from various functions (including Legal, Product, Sales and C-level decision makers)
- Work cross-functionally on a local level, and with Podium’s HQ (US based) team to scope out each integration opportunity
- Work closely with and manage our 3rd-party development entities to define project scope and ensure a successful integration build.
- Exceed your quarterly revenue target
- Pipeline management: maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities and ensure Salesforce is kept up-to-date
What you'll bring:
- 5+ total years' of B2B software sales experience - partner acquisition experience preferred
- Experience negotiating and closing partnership agreements with integration (preferred), channell, re-seller and/or alliance partners
- Proven experience navigating complex projects and influencing stakeholders from various departments (internally and externally)
- A comfortability with qualifying and defining integration requirements - this will include being able to navigate technical discussions with tech and non-technical people
- The ability to navigate a geographically dispersed startup environment - consistent engagement with our US team is required
- Experience carrying and exceeding quarterly revenue targets
- Exceptional presentation and pitching skills
- Bonus points for prior experience pitching the value of Integrations/API’s to prospective buyers/partners and closing mutually beneficial agreements
- Equity/stock options for all employees - 'Be a Founder' and be rewarded as one at Podium
- Real growth and career development opportunities, we’re still very young in Australia with plenty of room to grow
- Flexible working arrangements
- A generous ‘Benefits & Wellbeing’ allowance, paid monthly
- Swag (Podium branded clothing and accessories, we’ll kit you out)
- You’ll find Podium in the Work Club offices on Collins Street. with access to end of trip facilities, bike storage and lockers, a cocktail bar and a spectacular view from our 35th floor space