Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
About the role
As a Senior Product Manager, you'll partner closely with nearly all functional groups in the company: design, engineering, sales, marketing, support, strategy/ops and customer success team, and executives. We're a growing and nimble team, so you will be expected to be highly autonomous and drive your projects from idea to launch. You'll build and ship creative solutions and experiences to customers running small businesses worldwide that are thoughtful and practical, leading to a direct impact on Podium, our customers, and their customers.
What you will do
- Conduct research and analysis to deeply understand the voice needs of our customers and their customers and surface the most critical problems to solve to make Podium their primary communications tool.
- Create the long-term vision for voice in the Podium platform and work with peers to develop strategy to get us there.
- Define success metrics and measure outcomes to improve and iterate.
- Work with engineering, marketing, sales, and customer success to drive adoption of voice in Podium.
- Seek out feedback from peers, executives, and customers and apply what you learn to elevate your design solutions.
- Mentor and grow Product Managers early in their careers.
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing of product candidates to help build an excellent Product Management team.
- Inspire your team to reach for excellence always.
- Build and ship products that people want.
- At least 4 years of experience as a product manager. Product experience with highly technical products or consumer technology products is a plus.
- Experience working on VOIP products and/or driving adoption of VOIP products with SMBs is a massive plus.
- You have exceptional leadership skills with a proven ability to lead cross-functional, high-performing teams.
- You are passionately devoted to your users. You have a track record of listening deeply to your customers, understanding their problems, and applying logical and elegant solutions to those problems.
- You're an excellent facilitator and are comfortable leading teams through ideation, research, and the natural ambiguity that occurs when defining new features.
- You have excellent written and verbal skills.
- A supreme knack for bringing simplicity and focus to complex and ambiguous concepts or situations.
- Understanding of technical constraints and can effectively balance quality and speed.
- Experience turning original ideas into products that people understand and love
- A seasoned strategist, analyst, and product-minded thinker
- A passion for Podium!
- A positive, diverse, and supportive culture, ranked as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2021.
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.