Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
As a Voice Engineer, you will help drive the scalability and implementation of quality code patterns across our Voice teams. As this product grows, we need people who can maintain a vision of how we can keep our code’s health in top shape in measurable ways.
Our voice product is in the early stages and we are currently focused on bringing physical devices that integrate with the Podium platform into our customers’ hands. One of our biggest focuses as we integrate physical phones into our customers’ work flow is maintaining 99.999% reliability while rapidly scaling, all while maintaining the health of the code base and continuing to expand our feature set.
What you should have:
- 3+ years in a professional software development environment
- 2+ years of coding experience with voice technologies such as Twilio, VoIP, programmable voice
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current frontend and/or backend systems
- Strong ownership and drive to launch services
What we hope you have:
- 4+ years working as a full stack engineer in a hyper growth SaaS company
- 2+ years experience working as a VoIP engineer
- The passion to mentor your peers and be a problem solver
- Strong experience with algorithms, data structures and code
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with GraphQL and/or Apollo Client
- Frontend, backend, machine learning, or full-stack experience
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Transparent culture
- Remote first work setting for Engineering & Product
- Great opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- Yearly home office upgrade stipend
- 1+ gathering(s) a year bringing all of engineering together
- Multiple internal hackathons a year
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.