Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
We are looking for a Software Architect to develop, design, and build our Payments platform at Podium. This role will report directly to the CTO.
Our ideal candidate has contributed to a world-class payments platform, and has a track record of providing overall system architecture expertise in the fintech space. As Architect, you will lead the technical vision for payments at Podium. This requires building and operating large scale services, simple web and mobile user experiences, and automation of financial business processes, while ensuring accuracy, audit controls, and completeness of data for financial and operational reporting and analysis. You'll work closely with the CTO and Payments leaders in R&D to set technical strategy and direction for one of our biggest initiatives.
What you will be doing:
- Provide technical leadership and vision in designing, implementing, testing and rolling out the next generations of our Payments platform.
- Provide technical expertise in buying and implementing 3rd party tools and infrastructure in order to meet our business needs - we love building on managed services and high-level platforms.
- Raise the bar on sustainable engineering by improving best practices and producing best in class code, documentation, testing, and monitoring.
- Develop solutions leveraging Podium’s tech stack, automation, and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability of services.
- Influence, collaborate, and communicate effectively with partners across the Finance organization to drive large opportunities and initiatives.
- Assist in fulfilling hiring plans while partnering with recruiting to interview diverse candidates for Podium’s multiple technical teams.
- Be the go-to expert for all things architectural design and strategy for our fintech platform.
What you should have:
- Experience in payments and/or fintech. (Areas such as: Finance, Revenue, Treasury Payments, Accounting, Procurement)
- Experience leading a product from an architectural standpoint (more than just code)
- 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer at fast-paced SaaS companies.
- Experience in relational databases (e.g. PL/SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Redis).
- Deep understanding around observability tools and how to measure application performance
- Expertise in enterprise applications integration, web services protocols such as GraphQL, REST, SOAP, and API design.
- A drive to be a part of a small team and make an outsized impact.
- Transparent culture - one of our 3 values is “murder drama,” and we believe it.
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance).
- Remote-first work for Engineering & Product.
- Yearly home office upgrade stipend.
- 1+ gatherings a year bringing all of R&D together.
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan.
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits.
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Swag. Lots of swag.
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.