Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
About the team
The Product Design team is a crucial organization in the pursuit of delivering high-quality messaging tools that help local businesses thrive. This means we have to be extremely empathetic in our approach to design, and this starts with the team. We're focused on building a diverse team capable of being supportive and encouraging throughout all of the collaboration and feedback present in any healthy design team. Building a strong, supportive, and empathetic Product Design team means we aim to hire the best folks no matter where they live.
About the role
As the Director of Product Design, reporting to our VP of Product Design, you’ll work closely with leadership across Product Management and Engineering to deliver a complete user experience across all of Podium’s product areas. Additionally, you’ll lead and build a growing team of product designers and define how design operates at Podium.
What you will do
- Collaborate with Product leadership and contribute to product strategy and roadmaps to help us achieve our company vision and outcomes.
- Define how product design operates at Podium, including user research practices, ideation processes, strategy, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design.
- Work cross-functionally with leaders across product management, engineering, product marketing, and sales.
- Recruit, hire, and lead an excellent team of product designers to execute our product vision and strategy
- You’ve been a designer yourself and are familiar with design organizations’ challenges in growing technology-focused companies, preferably in SaaS companies.
- You‘ve managed teams before and have experience elevating teams to do their best work that ultimately gets shipped to users.
- You‘re an inspiring character and can facilitate large groups of people through the design process that leads to organizational alignment.
- You are an excellent communicator with strong analytical abilities, conflict resolution, and the ability to work well across various organization levels.
- You‘ve successfully grown designers at all levels, ranging from junior to more senior designers, providing clear paths for career growth.
- You can effectively partner with folks from other parts of the company, such as Customer Success, Sales, Product Management, and Engineering, leading major cross-functional initiatives.
- You have a history of delivering high-quality experiences through the teams you’ve managed or as a product designer yourself.
- A positive, diverse, and supportive culture, ranked as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2019.
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.