Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
We are looking for self-driven people who are creative problem solvers, that learn quickly, and can thrive in a fast paced environment with little guidance. And we care about your career growth. We try to assign projects that will help each team member develop into a more well-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members; we’re a good mix of new and experienced engineers, creating the perfect environment for you to both mentor and be mentored. We all enjoy helping each other grow through 1:1 mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
As a Senior Payments Engineer, you will help drive the scalability and implementation of quality code patterns across our payments teams. As this product grows, we need people who can maintain a vision of how we can keep our code’s health in top shape in measurable ways.
You will join one of our payments engineering teams. Our payments product is both improving existing and creating new ways for our customers to collect payments. We seamlessly combine conversational, text-based commerce with in-store hardware to make it as easy as possible for our merchants to get paid. In 2021, we will be 10x’ing our previous year’s revenue goal. With the break-neck growth speed, we need to make sure we prioritize the health of our codebase both to keep the app running well and ensuring that the code repositories are easy and pleasant to work in.
What you should have:
- Equivalent of 4+ years experience in FinTech (time isn’t everything and someone can reach a senior level faster than this, we just mean you definitely know your stuff and have experience to back it up)
- Experience leading projects from a technical perspective
- There is no room for ego here. Be comfortable with being wrong. Be willing to collaborate with others to reach the best solution to a problem.
- A passion around teaching/mentoring
- Understanding of how to advocate for projects to non-technical people
What we hope you have:
- Experience working with Stripe APIs
- Production experience with a functional programming language (We work in Elixir)
- The ability to work across boundaries of different teams (with different goals) to drive initiatives and deliver results
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (Product, UX Design, etc.).
- Transparent culture
- Remote first work setting for Engineering & Product
- Great opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- Yearly home office upgrade stipend
- 1+ gathering(s) a year bringing all of engineering together
- Multiple internal hackathons a year
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.