Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies — in the last year alone. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2019. We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
Our business is growing rapidly and we are looking for an Enterprise Architect to lead the design of our systems and business processes to scale. We’re looking for someone with a broad business and IT background including solution architecture, technical architecture, software/systems engineering, cloud computing, governance and SDLC to lead key discussions and considerations around change initiatives from both a business and technical perspective.
Our goal is to keep Podium’s anchor SaaS systems (Salesforce, Gainsight, NetSuite, and Marketo) and integrations (Mulesoft) as productive, low-maintenance, flexible, and reliable as possible. All while supporting new capabilities across the enterprise. In order to be successful, you’ll need to be comfortable challenging assumptions and bringing a fresh perspective on a wide variety of business problems. If you are passionate about ensuring the capabilities inherent in our SaaS tools are fully leveraged with best practice oriented business processes, this is the job for you!
The ideal candidate will understand that an architect’s role is a combination of many things - strategist, business process expert, technical expert, and engineering mentor. They will work both within the Business Applications team and cross functionally at the senior leadership level, so the ability to present technical concepts to highly technical and non technical audiences is key.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Taking ownership of existing business application architecture, including integrations and data structures
- Serving as subject matter expert in SaaS applications and integrations
- Leading design of new system implementations or significant changes to existing systems and integrations
- Defining a longer-term plan for our business application infrastructure
- Staying up to speed with emerging technologies through ongoing research, industry outreach, and internal PoCs
- Designing new solutions that meet Podium’s business challenges and work well in the our environments
- Driving adoption of engineering and architectural best practices in coordination with engineering leaders and other architects
The ideal candidate will likely have:
- Proven track record of solving complex problems (including platform migrations) with maintainable solutions
- Strong verbal, written, and diagramming communications skills. Ability to articulate solutions to technical and non-technical people
- Strong understanding of modern application design, integrations and data structures
- 5-8 years proven experience delivering complex solutions in Salesforce
- 2-5 years experience with other leading SaaS tools (NetSuite, Marketo, Mulesoft, etc.)
- 2-5 years experience building microservices using Mulesoft
- Transparent culture
- Work in this building in Lehi, UT or fully remote
- Awesome opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- A stellar onsite gym at HQ with local professional coaches, morning & night classes offered
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Weekly free lunch, breakfast and smoothies
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.