Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our Director of Accounting, you will be a key leader for the financial operations of our rapidly growing company. You will be responsible for providing technical accounting expertise, improvement of financial processes, and development of a high performing accounting team. You must be a hands-on, roll up your sleeves type of manager and should enjoy a fast-paced, start-up environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Own all of accounting, including revenue recognition, general ledger, accounts payable, royalty accounting, payroll, taxes, treasury services, and consolidation
- Develop, manage, and build a top tier team that proactively drives continuous improvement and works with a collaborative mentality
- Work cross functionally with all game studios to produce financial intelligence that will support business decision making
- Provide leadership on financing transactions. Be the internal expert to advise on accounting impacts and resolve all GAAP and technical accounting issues
- Develop accounting systems and infrastructure to scale with business growth
- Manage the relationship with external auditors and consultants (e.g. PwC, D&T, etc.) and own the successful completion of the year end audit
- Partner with the legal team on company governance activities, including corporate insurance, subsidiary management, and equity administration
What You Bring to the Finance team:
- 6 to 12 years of progressive experience, with a public / private profile preferred
- CPA license (active status) required
- Advanced MS Excel and data management skills are critical
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and key principles of application for a wide array of finance and accounting areas
- Superior analytical skills, combined with solid business judgment and communication skills
- Strong track record of successfully motivating, developing, and helping people reach their full potential
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.