Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As an HR Business Partner (HRBP) on the People Ops team, you will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. You will serve as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues and act as an employee champion and change agent. We are seeking a Gemmer who can assess and anticipate HR-related needs and communicate proactively with the department.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Provide strategic business partnership to managers through HR policy guidance and interpretation, day-to-day development and performance management guidance and feedback to team management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Partner with People Ops and other cross-functional teams on development of programs, processes, policies, business metrics, and communications
- Serve as primary contact to assist employees in resolving employee relations issues and grievances by conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
What You Bring to the People Operations team:
- 6+ years of experience including three years as an HR Business Partner or equivalent
- Experience with coaching at the manager level, focusing on performance management and employee relations
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to drive programs independently
- Analytical and data management skills, with the ability to translate data into action plans
- Interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- BA/BS degree is required, with an emphasis in Human Resources OR equivalent 3+ years of field related experience
Extra Gems for:
- Education or certification within Human Resources disciplines
- Experience working at a tech startup or at a management consulting firm
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.