Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a Strategic Financial Analyst on the Finance team, you will be a critical leader and thought partner to all business units throughout Pocket Gems. You will be responsible for contributing insights into our financial performance, making recommendations on and assisting with strategic and operational initiatives. You will also build scalable tools and systems because you get excited about running reports and want to guide our company’s investment decisions by helping us plan successfully so we continue to scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop financial models that guide our strategic decision-making on revenue drivers, new R&D initiatives, and user acquisition, by assessing financial return and ROI
- Partner with and assist the game studios and teams in managing revenues and costs by assessing their informational needs and developing processes and tools that address them
- Provide data-driven and in-depth financial analyses for decision-making across our teams and studios
- Track KPI trends and forecast the impact of new product initiatives, new user intake, and market trends
- Translate company goals into annual financial projections, backed by market data
What You Bring to the Finance team:
- 2 - 4 years of experience within Finance and Data Analysis
- Expert financial modeling (Microsoft Excel) and strong SQL and scenario analysis skills - we hope you like pivot tables!
- Quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills and the ability to consider the impact of strategic business decisions
- The ability to work in a nimble environment and the desire to challenge the status-quo and drive improvements for Pocket Gems
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Extra Gems for:
- A quantitative degree, such as Engineering, Science, Economics, Business or Math
- Experience within investment banking, consulting, or corporate/operational finance
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.