Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a People Operations Analyst/Generalist on the People Ops team, you will be responsible for collecting and analyzing our employee data to help drive processes and decisions. You will dive into the details to develop actionable insights - we put a lot of emphasis on a high-touch, responsive experience for our employees, and therefore we are looking for a Gemmer who enjoys working directly with employees, as well as with data and systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as a first-contact for employees, ensuring them a stellar Gemmer experience for all things People Operations
- Manage culture surveys and analyze trends to provide actionable insights on employee engagement and retention
- Work with our teams to build, run and optimize tools and workflows to provide analytical rigor to all people programs and processes, including measuring and analyzing onboarding, referral programs, manager performance and staffing
- Benchmark against market data by participating in relevant compensation surveys and assess the results – we want to ensure that we are continually competitive in the market!
- Maintain the integrity of HRIS data and develop regular and ad-hoc reporting of key indicators
- Design, develop and test HRIS processes and tool integrations while providing support to the team as internal HRIS subject matter expert
What You Bring to the People Operations team:
- 2 - 3 years’ of People Operations or Human Resources experience
- Exceptional analytical, Excel modeling, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and consultative skills; you should be able to translate data for different audiences
- The ability to build and maintain successful relationships with all levels of the organization, achieve credibility, and have the ability to influence outcomes
- The ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times is a must
- Bachelor's Degree required
Extra Gems for:
- Education within a quantitative field, such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance, or Statistics
- Experience implementing and managing HRIS systems, ADP Workforce Now is an extra, extra Gem
- Experience working at a tech startup or at a management consulting firm
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.