Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a Payroll Administrator on the Finance team, you will be responsible for the payroll function at Pocket Gems, ensuring accurate and timely payroll processing while providing excellent customer service to our employees and related vendors. This includes supporting month-end close processes, the financial and 401(k) plan audits, and systems implementations.
What You’ll Do:
- Own semi-monthly payroll processing for 300 employees located in CA and NY
- Assist in the ongoing project to transition from Paychex to ADP Workforce Now
- Partner with our People Ops team to process new hires, terminations, garnishments, raises, and leaves of absence
- Ensure that multi-state and federal payroll tax filings and remittances are made on a timely basis
- Create and upload payroll journal entries and accruals for the month end close, and reconcile all payroll related liability accounts
- Prepare all payroll and equity related deliverables for the PwC audit and all regulatory audits, including for Form 5500
- Manage stock option grant issuances and exercises and reconcile the cap table and maintain compliance with Rule 701
- Process employee expense report reimbursements and audit expense reports to ensure compliance with company policies
- Reconcile all corporate credit cards, classify the transactions, and post to general ledger system
- Provide excellent customer service by responding promptly to employee inquiries and requests from other departments
- Troubleshoot and document moderate to complex payroll issues
What You Bring to the Finance team:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year university
- 2 - 4 years of payroll experience at a startup
- Professionalism, reliability, moral integrity, and sound judgment
- Attention to detail and the ability to self-audit to ensure data integrity
- Excellent communication skills and the desire to deliver quality work to your internal clients
Extra Gems for:
- Experience working within a tech startup environment
- Passion for numbers and data – we would like you to be a Microsoft Excel guru!
- The ability to wear many hats and have the drive to work within a nimble environment
- We want you to be passionate about growing your career in finance and accounting, and have the desire to take on new challenges!
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.