Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As the Technical Operations Manager, you will manage our Release Engineering, Test Engineering and IT teams while maintaining the uninterrupted operation of our production and administrative network, game servers, and our MacOS-based build infrastructure. Network security, our automated game and performance monitoring system, and growing our team will be among your day-to-day engagements here at Pocket Gems as we continue to develop and release games that delight millions of players around the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the “technical people manager” of our TechOps teams (Release and Test Engineering and IT). You’ll directly manage, develop, and grow their careers as they continue to bring uninterrupted access to our games and platforms
- Lead the team technically as we develop and improve our highly reliable IT systems and processes for our staff and game teams
- Work closely with the CFO and other internal stakeholders to determine and present business cases for major technology projects and vendor partnership proposals
- Ensure the team keeps up our uninterrupted access and service for our distributed continuous integration system, and further support
What You Bring to the TechOps Team:
- At least 3 years of direct management and hiring experience
- Your own technical background: IT/SysAdmin, Release, Test, or DevOps engineering experience is required. We don’t mind what your combo is, but you should have broad technical knowledge and deep experience in one or more of the listed areas
- A working knowledge of and the ability to contribute to our Autobot system
- Networking, Security and general DevOps knowledge and recommendations for our company as we maintain, improve, and scale… everything!
- A love for reliably bringing games to life for millions of users on a daily basis
Extra Gems for:
- Experience with accounts for Apple and Google, such as iTunes Connect, Google Play, Apple Developer
- Experience with gaming submissions to Apple and Google
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.