Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
Episode partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, Clueless: School’s Out, Pitch Perfect In Deep Treble, and Pretty Little Liars. Over 8 million storytellers have also signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode has made the list of the Apple’s Top 10 iOS games of 2017!
As an Associate Product Marketing Manager, you will be a partner to our Performance Marketing and Creative Marketing teams, helping them drive efficient user acquisition through high-performing creatives (think Snapchat, Facebook, etc.), as well as partner with the Episode Product team, helping them understand the competitive landscape and audience. This work will inform decisions that will help Episode build the best product in the market and we are looking for a Gemmer who wants to take on this challenge!
What You’ll Do:
- Produce innovative, memorable, and effective video and display advertising in partnership with agencies and Episode’s creative team
- Manage internal and external creative agency workflow and processes
- Evaluate, onboard, and manage creative vendors, as needed
- Write creative briefs for external agencies, as needed
- Perform market and customer research, and develop insights that will help shape our product and creative development
What You Bring to the Product Marketing Team:
- 1 - 5 years’ work experience in marketing and/or a technology startup
- Understanding and empathy towards Episode’s current user base
- Creativity - we have a lot of designers, storytellers and writers who want to work with you!
- The ability to communicate effectively and the desire to drive cross-functional projects
- Time managements skills and the ability to thrive in a nimble environment
- Math shouldn’t bore you - we want you to utilize your analytical skills and to be passionate about Excel spreadsheets and Google Docs
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Extra Gems for:
- Experience marketing products targeting millennial women
- Experience working with creative agencies or media buying agencies
- MBA or advanced degree
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.