Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
Pocket Gems is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior 3D Character Artist to help lead character production, art pipeline and technology on a completely new, high-quality, core title. While working with our Art Directors and our Concept Artists you will help devise the game's visual style and direction after concept. This Artist will be a pillar part of the team and will define and contribute significantly to the culture of the character modeling team. We want to go to the next level in mobile games!
What You'll Do:
- Create both high resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon game assets
- Create textures that are stylized, hand painted techniques with next-gen materials
- Collaborate with design, animation, and visual effects departments to the meet the highest visual quality and gameplay standards
- Communicate clearly and effectively with production, art management, and other departments
- Work with outsourcing vendors to provide feedback
- Contribute your exceptional understanding of form, anatomy, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling to the team
- Bring an excellent work ethic, self-motivation, and spirit that welcomes constructive feedback
What You Bring to the Art Team:
- At least 5+ years of working experience in gaming as a Character Artist or Modeler with credit on at least one shipped title
- A BFA, art degree, or equivalent experience as a 3D Artist
- Solid knowledge of current and emerging character and rigging pipelines
- Focus on creating both hard surfaced or organic characters and creatures
- Expert level knowledge of Maya or equivalent, Zbrush and Photoshop (or equivalent)
- Ability to troubleshoot and smartly correct other artists’ scenes, rigs, props, etc. and provide meaningful feedback when needed
- Ability to follow and adapt to stylistic guidelines set by the Lead or Art Director
- Strong organizational and file management skills
- Desire to create new and efficient strategies for asset completion
- Ability to mentor others by being a team player, organized and creative
- A great portfolio of work
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.