Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Analytics Team, you will scale our infrastructure to facilitate the processing and recording of billions of events per day. You will lead some of our biggest projects as you build APIs that enable us to deliver offers and recommendations to millions of players in real-time games.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage our centralized data platform for the development of our infrastructure and internal data-related tools
- Implement flexible, reusable and scalable solutions to improve the performance of our data pipeline
- Build and maintain integrations with third-party APIs that you suggest or write yourself
- Build real-time logging features to monitor critical events in massively multiplayer worlds
- Build scalable web tools to support data analysis and visualization for the company and influence what we build for our players
- Improve and build new internal tools and dashboards that are mission-critical to the business for marketing and finance
What You Bring to the Analytics Engineering team:
- Minimum of four years of professional software development experience
- Two years of AWS experience
- Experience leading big, challenging, and open-ended project(s)
- An advanced degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant field
- Experience leading complex projects, preferably involving distributed systems
- A love for delighting users, both internal and external, with reliable tools, data and creative and highly technical solutions to their problems
Extra Gems For:
- Deep experience with AWS, Pub/Sub, Google App Engine, and related backend technologies
- Experience working within an analytics team or maintaining data warehouses
- Academic or professional Machine Learning background
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.