Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
Pocket Gems is home to some of the most massive and delightful mobile-first games, like Wild Beyond and War Dragons. Those games need a solid data platform, to make data based decisions, that is supported and optimized by our Data Infrastructure Engineering team. As a Senior Software Engineer on the Data Infrastructure Team, you will scale our infrastructure to facilitate the processing and recording of billions of events per day. You will be responsible for some of our biggest projects as you build APIs that enable us to deliver offers and recommendations to millions of players in real-time games.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement flexible, reusable and scalable solutions to improve our data pipeline
- Handle petabytes of data storage, and processing of complex queries to analyze them
- Build and maintain integrations with third-party APIs that you suggest or write yourself
- Build scalable web tools to support data analysis and visualization for the company and influence what we build for our games’ players
- Improve and build infrastructure tools, like A/B test system, build system that are mission-critical to the business
What You Bring to the Data Infrastructure Engineering Team:
- Minimum of four years of professional experience
- An advanced degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant field
- Experience leading complex projects, preferably involving distributed systems
- Deep experience with AWS, Hadoop, and related backend technologies is a plus
- Strong skills in data structures, algorithms, software design and OOP
- A love for delighting users, both internal and external, with reliable tools, data and creative and highly technical solutions to their problems
Extra Gems For:
- Experience in working on dev-ops and/or infrastructure teams
- Experience in working on ETL (data pipeline) system
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.