Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a Community Manager, you’ll join our Marketing team and represent the point of view of our customers to our product team. You’ll be proactive as you manage all communication with customers; you’ll be the friendly, responsive, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic voice of Pocket Gems for our loyal community within, what we call, our “core” games studio.
What You'll Do:
- Own the communication with our game community
- Engage and inform our players on customer forums
- Manage content and communications for various social channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitch, and YouTube
- Create written, visual, and live streamed content to educate our players and enrich their experiences
- Build strong relationships with our most loyal players to keep them engaged while communicating upcoming features and updates
- Create events, contests, and marketing promotions to strengthen and expand our community
- Deliver important feedback from the community feedback to the QA and product teams
- Coordinate with PR and marketing teams to maintain consistent messaging
- Develop a long-term community support strategy in collaboration with our existing team
What You Bring to the Marketing Team:
- 2 - 4 years of relevant community management experience
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for the core games space - spanning mobile, console, and PC gaming
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excelling at communicating with diverse (and sometimes challenging) personalities
- Active use of social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter
- Ability to consider and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to inform decisions and support suggestions
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Extra Gems for:
- Experience with Photoshop, video editing, HTML/CSS, and live stream production skills
- On-camera and/or spokesperson experience
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.