Pocket Gems is a leading mobile games and interactive entertainment company backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent. Launched in 2009, Pocket Gems has grown to over 200 employees, organized across multiple game studios.
As the People Operations Analyst/Generalist, your role will bring analytical rigor to our People Operations team. You will be responsible for collecting and analyzing people data to help drive people processes and decisions. The ideal candidate enjoys diving into details to develop actionable insights. We put a lot of emphasis on a high-touch, responsive experience for our employees and therefore we are looking for someone who enjoys working directly with employees as well as with our data and systems!
Data, Analytics and Systems responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with team members to build and run tools to provide analytical rigor to all people programs and processes including measuring and analyzing onboarding, referral programs, manager performance and staffing.
- Systematically benchmark against market data by participating in relevant compensation surveys and assess the results to ensure accurate alignment.
- Manage culture survey and analyze trends to provide actionable insights on engagement and retention.
- Maintain the integrity of HRIS data and develop regular and ad-hoc reporting of key indicators.
- Design, develop and test HRIS processes and tool integrations.
- Systemize and improve People Ops workflows through efficiencies or automation.
- Provide support to the team as internal HRIS subject matter expert.
Generalist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administer People Operations processes for employees and managers, as assigned.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Provide support/consultation for managers and employees on HR-related matters.
- Act as a partner with other members of the People Ops team and key stakeholders across the organization.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting People Ops and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Provide backup support to other People Ops team members.
- Leads People Ops projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field preferred
- 2-3+ years of People Operations experience; experience implementing and managing HRIS systems a plus
- Exceptional analytical, Excel modeling, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and consultative skills; able to translate data in an empathetic manner to different audiences
- Ability to build and maintain successful relationships with all levels of the organization, achieve credibility, and have the ability to influence outcomes
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times is a must
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.