Episode is an interactive entertainment platform created by Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment company backed by Tencent and Sequoia Capital. Episode aims to define storytelling for the 2+ billion people on mobile with animated, interactive stories that are part TV, novel, movie, and mobile game. Since launching in 2014, users have viewed over 4 billion episodes across 73,000+ stories. Over 8 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode also partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, Clueless: School’s Out, Pretty Little Liars, and Pitch Perfect: In Deep Treble.
As an Engineering Lead on the Episode team, you will lead our initiatives to ship our mobile storytelling platform on iOS and Android, enabling writers to create stories that reach millions of users. The platform’s roadmap will be driven by your close collaboration with cross-functional teams and your extensive technical know-how. You will participate all aspects of the project life-cycle, from ideation to specification to release, all while mentoring the team as they undertake a wide variety of technical challenges.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and code innovative, scalable and robust features
- Mentor junior engineers within a hands-on, team environment
- Define technical objectives and model software engineering best practices
- Collaborate closely in small, nimble, cross-functional teams with product managers, artists and designers
What You Bring to Episode:
- 4+ years of engineering experience; bonus points for experience in Objective-C, Python, C++, or C
- Previous experience in leading multi-developer teams, initiatives or projects
- Experience and/or interest in Cloud Services, such as AWS or GAE
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and OOP
- A love for mobile development on iOS and/or Android
- Passion for building a performant platform that allows writers and storytellers to create stories that reach millions of readers
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Note: Prior entertainment or gaming industry experience is NOT required