Pocket Gems is hiring a Story Associate who is passionate about delivering highly-engaging stories, helping storytellers deliver great content, and polishing story content to improve overall reader response.
You must have a strong affinity for stories in the horror/thriller genre. You must have a curiosity about data and how it can be used to make better and better content. You must have a good sense of what horror fans players respond to in fiction, and a deep familiarity with social media. You must be passionate about story.
- Manage the production process for multiple stories in development
- Provide editorial and feedback on stories that meaningfully improves their reception and performance
- Edit and rewrite new stories
- Polish and bug-fix stories to prepare them for release
- Guide new writers in creating compelling, successful content
- Maintain and improve our story release process
- Keep up to date on quality, importance and priority of every original story in the app to inform promotional strategy
- Passion for great storytelling
- Experience collaborating with writers and providing creative feedback
- Eagerness to dig into the technical side of story production and live operations
- 1+ years of experience working on a mobile title in a content design or operations capacity or some experience working in gaming / publishing
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, git, and the OSX terminal is a plus
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) match. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.