Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment company backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent, is breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine. Profitable since launch in 2009, the company has grown to over 200 employees. Pocket Gems’ games have been downloaded over 250 million times by players around the world. With its pioneering team, Pocket Gems is uniquely capable of making original and genre-defining products as mobile devices become the primary computing device for everyone in the world. Our ideal candidates enjoy a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
But building great games isn't our only mission. We're looking for a marketing rockstar to help us get our games in front of millions of fans around the world. As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be a business partner to our product teams, helping them understand the market and audience for their products, and informing decisions that help us build the best games and bring them to market. Your responsibilities will include: analyzing market data, performing customer surveys and research, developing product positioning and go-to-market plans, and working with the creative marketing team to produce video/display advertising. You will also be a steward of our brands, responsible for shaping our games’ brand identities and the communication/presentation anywhere they appear outside the game including video/tv advertising, pr messaging, social media, etc.
This position is a great role for experienced marketing candidates, ideally with a top-tier MBA, who can combine strong analytical ability, business judgment, and interpersonal skills.
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns on traditionally brand-oriented channels (TV, PR, influencers, etc.) with a performance approach
- With Creative Marketing, produce innovative, memorable, and effective video/display advertising
- Work closely with our product teams to help define a game’s audience and marketability
- Perform market and customer research, and develop insights that will help shape our products
- Identify new sources of data and methodologies that can help expand our product marketing toolkit
- Develop product positioning statements and game brand identities, oversee production of ad creatives that are consistent across channels and resonate with players
- Create go-to-market strategies and work with key functional stakeholders to execute on them and measure their performance
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or Advanced degree a strong plus
- 5+ years as a functional expert in marketing, working in one of the following:
- Marketing in the video games or entertainment industry
- Brand management at a consumer goods company (CPG)
- Product marketing at an online consumer-focused blue chip technology company
- Candidates with experience in product management, business operations, strategy at a technology company, ideally in video games, will also be considered
- Personal passion for games and other forms of entertainment and desire to become an industry marketing leader
- Strong creative ability
- Experience launching successful new products or brands
- Understanding of online / mobile advertising and related metrics
- Experience working with creative agencies or media buying agencies
- Strong analytical skills and experience working in a metrics-driven organization
- Equally comfortable at big picture thinking and hands-on execution. Experience and interest in driving both strategic planning as well as operations
- Strong communications skills and ability to drive cross-functional projects
- Strong Excel skills; experience with SQL a plus
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.