Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment company backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent, is breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine. Profitable since launch in 2009, the company has grown to over 200 employees. Pocket Gems’ games have been downloaded over 250 million times by players around the world.
In this role you will develop and maintain relationships with our key partners in the mobile ecosystem including the various app stores. The role will also require you to lead key cross-functional projects with internal teams. You will work with both Episode and Pocket Gems’ Core Studios, working on titles including Episode and War Dragons.
Episode is an interactive entertainment platform created by Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment company backed by Tencent and Sequoia Capital. Episode aims to define storytelling for the 2+ billion people on mobile with animated, interactive stories that are part TV, novel, movie, and mobile game. Since launching in 2014, users have viewed over 4 billion episodes across 73,000+ stories. Over 8 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode also partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, Clueless: School’s Out, Pitch Perfect In Deep Treble, and Pretty Little Liars.
Pocket Gems’ Core Studio is home to original 3D core games, including War Dragons. These teams are bringing AAA-quality games to mobile, while establishing Pocket Gems as a leader in polished and deep multiplayer gameplay.
- Build close relationships at all levels within partner organizations
- Manage day-to-day relationships with app stores and other key partners
- Showcase new and updated games and apps with partners, and keep partners up-to-date on product roadmaps for all products across the company
- Identify key initiatives and create opportunities for collaboration
- Work closely with teams and functions across the company, representing the needs and expectations of platform partners
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5 years experience
- Experience working in one of the following:
- Professional services environment, collaborating with high profile partners
- Business development at a top-tier entertainment or game company
- Top-notch attention to detail and organization
- Strong execution skills and experience working successfully with multiple projects and teams
- Exceptional communication in one-on-one, small groups, and company-wide settings
- Willingness to be in the weeds and get things done
- Affinity for games and entertainment, enthusiasm for Pocket Gems’ products
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) match. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.