Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment company backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent, is continuously breaking new ground by building graphically rich mobile games, developing fun new genres of mobile entertainment and creating innovative technologies like our proprietary Mantis Engine. Launched in 2009, Pocket Gems has grown to over 200 employees and its games have been downloaded over 200 million times by players around the world. With its pioneering team, Pocket Gems is uniquely capable of making original and genre-defining products as mobile devices become the primary computing device for everyone in the world.
As our DevOps Manager, you will take a hands-on approach to driving and improving upon our existing processes and infrastructure. You will be working with and leading a highly motivated team of test engineers, release engineers, and IT admins in pursuit of providing highly reliable systems, processes, and client service that make us the best team in Mobile! This will include working closely with our game teams to meet their needs for developing and deploying our games as well as our company administrative teams to ensure a secure environment and seamless employee support. Your team will be responsible for writing deployment scripts, debugging applications, implementing new technologies, and driving the processes in which our DevOps team operates and iterates/releases.
- Manages Release Engineers, Test Engineers and IT Admins
- Ensures uninterrupted operation of our production and administrative network, game servers, and our MacOS-based build infrastructure
- Owns the development of our automated game and performance monitoring system
- Hires, trains and develops our Test Engineers, Release Engineers and IT Admins
- Develops and improves our highly reliable IT systems and processes for staff and game teams
- Develops and presents business cases for major technology projects and vendor partnerships proposals
- Proactively manages team budget and vendor relationships
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- You have strong manager skills, coupled with a practical management philosophy that has sustained you as a leader of an Ops/DevOps or Engineering team before (3 reports or more) for 2+ years
- You are intellectually curious and motivated to keep on top of technical trends - but you also have deep knowledge in the tools of choice
- Excellent communication skills; can connect with technical and non-technical customers
- You have supported repository and continuous build integration deployments
- You have experience with continuous integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning of infrastructure
- Strong customer service mentality; you think of of employees as customers and strive to enable them to be more efficient with higher quality work
- You are comfortable reviewing code and writing scripts
- Mobile and Android experience a plus
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including a Premiere PPO health plan. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) match. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.