Pocket Gems is a mobile entertainment company based in San Francisco. Our games have been downloaded over 200 million times around the world.
We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join the analytics team. Analytics drives decision-making throughout the company. As a member of the analytics team, you’ll have an opportunity to influence every decision we make, from game design to marketing to finance.
You’ll work closely with our Episode game team. You’ll help us to understand user behavior, optimize the game for retention and monetization, and work with our engineers to build your models into the game. Along the way, you will develop a deep understanding of mobile gaming. (Bonus if you already have experience in this area.) You’ll frequently be called upon to advise other teams and to perform ad hoc analysis for them.
- Carry out research projects aimed at improving retention and monetization
- Work with engineering team to turn models into production code
- Present results to key stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of the analytics platform
- Ideal candidate has an advanced degree in math, statistics, or machine learning
- Solid understanding of statistics is mandatory
- Must be proficient in SQL and either R or Python
- Able and willing to present complex results to non-technical audiences
- Excited about the opportunity to help us improve Episode
Pocket Gems is a true meritocracy, so this is wide open opportunity. We place a high value on initiative and results. We’ll give you as much opportunity as you can handle.
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.