Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment company backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent, is breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine. Profitable since launch in 2009, the company has grown to over 200 employees. Pocket Gems’ games have been downloaded over 250 million times by players around the world. Our ideal candidates enjoy a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
Pocket Gems is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior 3D Character Artist to help lead character production, art pipeline/technology on a completely new high-quality, core title. Candidates should have extensive working experience working with modeling/sculpting tools to achieve unique and stylized characters. The candidate must be a team player, organized and creative. While working with our Art Directors and our Concept Artists you will help devise the game's visual style and direction after concept. This Artist will be a pillar part of the team and will define and contribute significantly to the culture of the character modeling team. We want to go to the next level in mobile games!
- Create both high resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon game assets
- Create textures that are stylized, hand painted techniques with next-gen materials
- Collaborate with design, animation, and visual effects departments to the meet the highest visual quality and gameplay standards
- Communicate with production, art management, and other departments
- Work with outsourcing vendors to provide feedback
- Exceptional understanding of form, anatomy, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- At least 5+ years working in gaming as a Character Artist/Modeler with credit on at least one shipped title
- A BFA, art degree, or equivalent experience as a 3D Artist
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivation, and is able to easily take constructive feedback
- Solid knowledge of current and emerging character and rigging pipelines
- Focus on creating both hard surfaced/organic characters or creatures
- Expert level knowledge of Maya or equivalent, Zbrush and Photoshop (or equivalent)
- Able to troubleshoot and smartly correct other artists scenes, rigs, props, etc and provide meaningful feedback when needed
- Able to follow and adapt to stylistic guidelines set by the Lead/Art Director
- Strong organizational and file management skills desired
- Able to create new and efficient strategies for asset completion
- Able to mentor others
- A great portfolio of work
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) match. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.