Episode is an interactive entertainment platform created by Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment company backed by Tencent and Sequoia Capital. Episode aims to define storytelling for the 2+ billion people on mobile with animated, interactive stories that are part TV, novel, movie, and mobile game. Since launching in 2014, users have viewed over 4 billion episodes across 73,000+ stories. Over 8 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode also partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, Clueless: School’s Out, Pitch Perfect In Deep Treble, and Pretty Little Liars.
The Art Outsource Reviewer ensures that art assets from external vendors consistently meet Episode’s visual quality, style and deadlines. The Manager has excellent communication skills, the ability to establish and develop partnerships with external vendors, and has worked as a professional 2D/3D production artist. They collaborate with interdisciplinary internal teams and external vendors to manage priorities, maintain pace and quality and bring clarity to the production process.
- Design, document, and implement outsource processes
- Manager external partnerships with vendors
- Collaborate with the internal art team to communicate the aesthetic style, template use and processes to external vendors
- Asset management: make sure assets are saved, uploaded, tested, named and tagged correctly
- Document new processes
- Manage relationship and communication between Pocket Gems and external vendors
- Collaborate with Art Director to understand and communication the visual goals
- Responsible for improving the art production pipeline between internal and external productions
- Balance deadlines and resources with style and quality requirements
- Identify potential problems in the art pipeline and work with the Episode leads to prevent them
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven art skills in game development
- Outsourcing and leadership experience
- Asset management experience required
- 3D art experience required (Maya preferred)
- At least 4 years of game development experience
- Shipped a minimum of 4 exceptional games or interactive media titles
- Previous experience managing external vendors
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) match. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.