Episode is a mobile storytelling network and platform created by Pocket Gems. Episode aims to define storytelling for the 2+ billion people on mobile with animated, interactive stories that are part TV, novel, movie, and mobile game. Since launching in 2014, users have viewed over 3 billion episodes (equivalent of ~57,000 years) across 57,000+ stories. Over 6 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode also partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, and Pretty Little Liars.
We’re looking for an experienced product leader to join Episode’s Product team to develop and launch a new visual story creation experience across mobile and web. You’ll own and manage critical aspects of the production process while taking part in all aspects of the product development lifecycle. You'll become an expert in understanding our storytellers and community in order to enable storytellers to develop their next hit on the Episode!
What you’ll be working on:
- Creating the vision for the next generation of visual mobile and web creation experiences that are utilized by millions of storytellers to bring their creations to life
- Interacting with internal & external storytellers to gather requirements and create specs for future investment areas
- Working with our story and content teams to enable efficient content delivery
- Collaborating with engineers and designers to prototype and build new story creation experiences
- Using data and analytical techniques to understand product health
- Identifying areas of growth within the creation ecosystem
- Being a thought partner for story process innovation with our internal teams and the storytelling community
- Growing our team to successfully achieve long term goals
What you bring to Episode:
- 7+ years of entertainment or games industry experience in the role of a product manager
- 3+ years of experience leading a cross-functional development team in a live operation setting
- Deep experience using products such as Final Draft, iMovie, Maya, and Photoshop
- Strong design intuition and customer empathy
- Strong quantitative analysis skill and ability to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data and iteratively improving metrics
- Ability to write clear and concise specs for new features
- Ability to understand and think creatively about the most engaging entertainment mechanics and themes
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Econ, etc.); MBA is a plus
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.