Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment company backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent, is continuously breaking new ground by building graphically rich mobile games, developing fun new genres of mobile entertainment and creating innovative technologies like our proprietary Mantis Engine. Launched in 2009, Pocket Gems has grown to over 200 employees and its games have been downloaded over 200 million times by players around the world. With its pioneering team, Pocket Gems is uniquely capable of making original and genre-defining products as mobile devices become the primary computing device for everyone in the world.
We’re looking for a Data analyst/Senior data analyst to join the data science team. The team is small but plays a pivotal role. Analytics drives decision-making throughout Pocket Gems. As a member of the data science team, you’ll have an opportunity to influence every decision we make, from game design to marketing to finance.
You’ll focus most of your efforts on our marketing models. You’ll help us to understand the value of our customers, assess the effectiveness of our advertising, and estimate the impact of key marketing decisions. Along the way, you will develop a deep understanding of digital marketing. (Bonus if you already have experience in this area.) You’ll frequently be called upon to advise other teams and to perform ad hoc analysis for them.
- Own and improve our lifetime value and customer acquisition models
- Develop new marketing hypotheses and design experiments to test them
- Perform ad hoc analyses when needed
- Present results to key stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of the analytics platform
- Collaborate with other members of the data science team
- Ideal candidate has an advanced degree in math, statistics, or machine learning
- Solid understanding of statistics is mandatory
- Proficiency in SQL is also a must
- Experience in R or Python is strongly desired
- Interest in video games and mobile entertainment
- Able and willing to present complex results to non-technical audiences
- Excited about the opportunity to help us improve our products and performance
Pocket Gems is an unusually flat organization, so this is wide open opportunity. If you have solid analytical know-how and are driven to make an impact, we’d love to speak with you.
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.