Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment company backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent, is breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine. Profitable since launch in 2009, the company has grown to over 200 employees. Pocket Gems’ games have been downloaded over 250 million times by players around the world. Our ideal candidates enjoy a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
The Marketing Artist will join our growing Creative Services team working on "core" games in the sci-fi and fantasy genres. We are looking for a seasoned artist excited to bring AAA quality work and establish Pocket Gems as a leader in the mobile gaming space. This role will help define all of our outward facing creative work and play a huge part in building the visual identity of our games. We are excited to be shaping and defining games as we know it on mobile.
- Design and produce high-quality 2D marketing assets using a combination of classic techniques married with modern digital tools.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director, Creative Services and clients to deliver creative ideas, iterate, refine and ship final quality marketing assets that drive installs
- Mentor other marketing artists
- Planning marketing art projects from concept through final delivery
- Concept brainstorming
- 4+ years game marketing experience
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong understanding of graphic design principles and sensibilities
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts using shape and silhouette
- Experience posing and manipulating rigged 3D models
- Able to quickly learn and manipulate other artists work
- Able to work within multiple art styles and themes
- Strong organizational and file management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- BFA, MFA, art degree, or equivalent experience as a professional artist
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Comfortable manipulating and resizing finished mobile ads
- Portfolio demonstrating:
- Expert graphic design portfolio, exercising strong compositional skills
- Excellent typography treatment examples
- Examples showing work in a variety of different graphic styles - showcasing palette, subject matter, and layout
- Digital/video game specific advertisements - mobile/AAA/Social
- 3D art experience
- Proficient in Maya
- Strong understanding of the 3D art production from 2D concept to 3D modeling
- Keyshot rendering experience
- An avid and passionate gamer across multiple platforms
- Deep understanding of best practices in mobile marketing
- Brand styleguide construction and development
Benefits: Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.