Episode is a mobile storytelling network and platform created by Pocket Gems. Episode aims to define storytelling for the 2+ billion people on mobile with animated, interactive stories that are part TV, novel, movie, and mobile game. Since launching in 2014, users have viewed over 3 billion episodes (equivalent of ~57,000 years) across 57,000+ stories. Over 6 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode also partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, and Pretty Little Liars.
The Art Outsourcing Coordinator ensures that art assets from external vendors consistently meets Episode’s visual quality and style while staying within the set budget. The coordinator has excellent aesthetic, communication and 2D/3D production skills. They collaborate with interdisciplinary internal teams and external vendors to manage priorities, maintain pace and quality and bring clarity to the production process.
- Create clear asset briefs and review incoming vendor work
- Work with the internal art team to communicate the aesthetic style, template use and processes to external vendors
- Track and provide clear, visual feedback on assets from initial planning stages to final assets
- Asset management: make sure assets are saved, uploaded, tested, named and tagged correctly
- Ensure that files are clean and easy to use (clearly named PSD layers, clean 3D files, etc.)
- Keep source files organized (2D and 3D)
- Document new processes
- Sustain friendly and clear communication between Pocket Gems and external vendors
- Stay aware of schedules and priorities
- Manage and update asset libraries
- Balance deadlines and resources with style and quality requirements
- Identify potential problems in the art pipeline and work with the Episode leads to prevent them
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong concept art skills in background/environment
- Some outsourcing or leadership experience
- Can distill and clarify complex information
- Clean, clear visual review notations
- Outstanding communication with multidisciplinary Episode teams
- Comfortable communicating with external vendors directly (Video calls preferred)
- Interest in interior, architectural, furniture and lighting design
- Asset management and tracking required
- 3D experience in background/environment is required (Maya preferred)
- At least 4 years of game development experience
- Shipped a minimum of 2 exceptional games or interactive media titles
- Previous experience working with external vendors and providing clear direction and feedback
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.