Pocket Gems, a mobile entertainment company based in San Francisco, is continuously breaking new ground on smartphones and tablets by building graphically rich games, developing fun new genres of entertainment and creating innovative technologies. Launched in 2009, the company has grown to over 200 employees and their games have been downloaded over 250 million times globally. One of our most recent successes, Episode, is a storytelling platform for the 2 billion mobile users around the world that allows user generated animated stories to be created by any author via our online portal. Since launching in 2014, we’ve had over 2 billion chapters read and 4 million writer sign-ups on our platform.
Pocket Gems is looking for the best developers in the world to join Analytics team to improve our current data pipeline, so that our huge amout of data can be streamed to our data warehouse faster. You will design scalable and robust data platforms to make sure data is highly available and easy to use. You will be working with the data science, product, marketing and finance teams closely to build applications and make data-driven, business-critical decisions.
- Design and implement scalable, reliable and maintainable technologies for our data pipeline and data platform
- Control, manage and analyze big data flows, allowing us to make important decisions based on our massive data streams
- Identify new technologies that will improve our platform architecture and performance
- Collaborate closely in small, nimble, cross-functional teams and determine the needs from product managers, data scientists, marketing and finance teams
- Build scalable applications to support data analysis and data visualization
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from ideation to specification to release
- BA, BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years work experience, including relevant experience building complex server and data pipeline
- Deep experience with AWS, Google App Engine or related backend technologies
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and OOP
- Passionate about core games and web technology
- Experience with data pipeline architecture, Python, Node.js and client-side frameworks such as AngularJS is a plus
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.