Pocket Gems, a mobile entertainment company based in San Francisco, is continuously breaking new ground on smartphones and tablets by building graphically rich games, developing fun new genres of entertainment and creating innovative technologies. Launched in 2009, the company has grown to over 200 employees and their games have been downloaded over 250 million times globally. One of our most recent successes, Episode, is a storytelling platform for the 2 billion mobile users around the world that allows user generated animated stories to be created by any author via our online portal. Since launching in 2014, we’ve had over 2 billion chapters read and 4 million writer sign-ups on our platform.
Pocket Gems is building a world-class data and analytics platform. We need a top-notch engineer to lead some of our biggest projects. You’ll help us to scale our infrastructure so that we can process and record billions of events per day. You’ll build APIs that enable us to deliver offers and recommendations to millions of players in real time. The standard for hiring at Pocket Gems is high, so you’ll work with some of the smartest people in the gaming industry.
- Help us take our distributed data pipeline to the next level, so that we can handle streaming of battle data across millions of active players
- Build real-time logging features to monitor critical events in massively multiplayer worlds
- Build APIs that enable us to deliver offers and recommendations to millions of players in real time
- Build scalable applications to support data analysis and visualization
- Identify new technologies that will improve our platform architecture and performance
- Minimum of three years of professional experience
- Ideal candidate has an advanced degree in computer science or engineering
- Experience leading complex projects, preferably involving distributed systems
- Deep experience with AWS, Pub/Sub, Google App Engine, and related backend technologies
- Strong skills in data structures, algorithms, software design and OOP
- Experience with Node.js and client-side frameworks such as AngularJS is a plus
Pocket Gems is a true meritocracy. We place a high value on initiative and results. We’ll give you as much opportunity as you can handle.
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) match. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.