Episode is a mobile storytelling network and platform created by Pocket Gems. Episode aims to define storytelling for the 2+ billion people on mobile with animated, interactive stories that are part TV, novel, movie, and mobile game. Since launching in 2014, users have viewed over 2.5 billion episodes (equivalent of ~47,000 years) across 45,000+ stories. Over 5.5 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode also partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, and Pretty Little Liars.
Episode Interactive is hiring a Live Experience Specialist who is passionate about delivering highly-engaging editorial events, managing art production pipelines from initial concept through to actual users, polishing story content and curating the app for both players and metrics.
You must have a strong affinity for Episode, its users, and for YA. You must have a curiosity about data and how it can be used to make better and better content. You must have a good sense of what Episode players want creatively in their fiction, social media, and in what they collect.
- Manage the production process for multiple stories in development
- Edit and rewrite choices for new Episode stories
- Design new promotions to drive key metrics as needed
- Manage event schedule, event art requests and event story curation
- Edit, polish, and bug-fix stories and choices to prepare them for release
- Work with art to align premium/UGC asset pipeline with content needs
- Work with the lifecycle marketing team (including creative marketing) to create enticing marketing assets for new content
- Manage individual asset integration, naming and merchandising (when applicable)
- Keep up to date on quality, importance and priority of every original story in the app to inform promotional strategy
- Be available to do technical aspects of Live Ops releases
- 1+ years of experience working on a mobile title in a content design or operations capacity
- 1+ years of free-to-play experience working on a live game
- Passion for great storytelling and for Episode’s vision and current audience
- Technical comfort with CSVs and other technical content systems
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including a Premiere PPO health plan. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.