Pocket Gems is a leading mobile games and interactive entertainment company backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent. Launched in 2009, Pocket Gems has grown to over 200 employees, organized across multiple game studios. As our Head of People and Culture, you will run the company’s People and Culture team to ensure that we excel at creating an amazing workplace where employees are highly engaged and productive. You will oversee people functions including employee relations, performance management, career development, and legal compliance. The ideal candidate will be someone who can roll up their sleeves and lead by example to make a profound impact on every aspect of our company.
- Act as a role model for Pocket Gems’ values and operating principles, and partner across the company to drive a high-performance work environment.
- Lead the 5 person People and Culture team, and develop organizational capabilities that foster the company culture.
- Design and implement innovative programs for performance evaluation, professional development, diversity, and retention management.
- Own all people processes for employee onboarding and offboarding, legal compliance, and immigration.
- Be a trusted advisor to business leaders and provide guidance and coaching to build management and leadership capabilities across game teams.
- Anticipate, identify, and understand complex people issues and trends, and develop data-driven metrics to analyze progress.
- Manage office and events planning to create fun and productive team building employee experiences and build an office space that inspires collaboration and supports team morale.
- Evaluate and implement technology and tools that will enable scalable and compliant processes.
- BA/BS from top tier university; master’s degree strongly preferred
- Experience working in matrixed organization a must
- Functional expertise in People Ops for 200 - 500 person organization
- Analytical ability and desire to make decisions based on data
- Track record of managing and developing People Ops professionals
- Familiarity with and history in gaming and entertainment industries a plus
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.