Pocket Gems is a leading mobile games and interactive entertainment company backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent. Launched in 2009, Pocket Gems has grown to over 200 employees, organized across multiple game studios. As Compensation and People Analytics Manager, your role will bring analytical rigor to our people and recruiting teams. You will own our compensation program that supports the company’s business growth and adheres to our cultural ideals. And you will be responsible for collecting and analyzing people data and partnering with other teams to help them make more data-driven decisions.
- Work with team members to build and run tools to provide analytical rigor to all People Operations programs and processes including, measuring and analyzing onboarding, L&D, referral programs, manager performance and staffing.
- Work closely with our recruiting team to use data to improve our hiring process, with particular focus on funnel metrics, diversity metrics, candidate experience, and candidate quality.
- Analyze longer term trends in survey data to provide actionable insights on engagement and retention.
- Own all aspects of compensation management:
- Build and maintain a comprehensive, dynamic, Excel-based compensation model that integrates multiple data sources and provides the analytical basis for the company’s compensation programs.
- Own the process to develop candidate offers during the recruiting process.
- Systematically benchmark against market data by participating in relevant salary surveys and assessing the results to ensure accurate alignment with company positions.
- Partner with and become a trusted advisor to the HR team and business leaders to sync compensation strategy with the performance review and career development process.
- Manage the game team staffing process end to end, from partnering with studio heads to identify hiring needs to developing specs to improve our staffing database.
- BS in quantitative field from top tier university
- 5+ years of compensation experience with in-depth knowledge of compensation best practices
- Exceptional analytical, Excel modeling, and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and consultative skills; able to translate data in an empathetic manner to different audiences
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times a must
- Familiarity with and history in gaming and entertainment industries a plus
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.