Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment company backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent, is breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine. Profitable since launch in 2009, the company has grown to over 200 employees. Pocket Gems’ games have been downloaded over 250 million times by players around the world. Our ideal candidates enjoy a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
We are currently looking for a talented and experienced individual to help lead our team of artists, engineers, and product managers to build intuitive and cohesive UI/UX experiences in our next line of hit games. This person will join one of our new teams working on original 3D core games. We are looking for designers excited to bring AAA quality work and establish Pocket Gems as a leader in polished yet deep multiplayer gameplay. We are excited to be shaping and defining games as we know it on mobile.
- Work as individual contributor on a primary project, collaborating with cross-functional teams to create excellent mobile game experiences.
- Collaborate with the game lead and/or art director on the UI and UX vision for the product.
- Work with team leadership across multiple projects at various points of the production pipeline overseeing UI/UX work on a per milestone basis.
- Provide excellent communication that allows you to set flexible design guidelines that all Pocket Gems teams can support and extend throughout the company.
- Assist the development team to ensure final product reflects design vision.
- Mentor junior UX designers and UI artists and assisting Pocket Gems build a great team.
- Previous work experience designing flows on several excellent games.
- Minimum 5 years of production experience in games required.
- A great portfolio of work. Please be sure to attach your portfolio link to your application.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Management experience required.
- Proven ability to direct and present UX ideas for various games.
- Expert-level experience using various prototyping and design software.
- Expertise in leveraging user research and analytics to help make informed design decisions.
- Degree in HCI, Design, or equivalent experience as a UX/Interaction Designer.
- An appreciation for the iterative nature of the design process.
- Up to date on latest design trends and styles.
- Experience working with mobile applications.
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies.
Benefits: Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status..
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.