Episode is a mobile storytelling network and platform created by Pocket Gems. Episode aims to define storytelling for the 2+ billion people on mobile with animated, interactive stories that are part TV, novel, movie, and mobile game. Since launching in 2014, users have viewed over 2.5 billion episodes (equivalent of ~47,000 years) across 45,000+ stories. Over 5.5 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode also partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, and Pretty Little Liars.
We are seeking a full-time Technical Sourcer/Recruiter to collaborate with engineering leadership including our CTO and co-founder to develop our recruiting strategy and execute on recruiting plans for our engineering team.
What you will do:
- Manage the full cycle recruitment process from sourcing through on-site interviewing, negotiating offers, and closing candidates with the assistance of a recruiting coordinator
- Develop and execute on sourcing strategies that build strong pipelines of top-tier candidates
- Successfully manage searches against a timeline and understand how to prioritize in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Focus on continuous process improvement to ensure a positive candidate and hiring manager experience
- Maintain strong partnerships with business leaders by delivering on commitments and demonstrating a high level of customer service on all hiring initiatives
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of proven, hands-on experience, sourcing and recruiting senior engineering talent
- A self-starter that’s committed to creative problem solving and getting things done
- Proven experience in direct sourcing and partnering with sourcing support
- Experience building and driving a variety of talent sourcing initiatives
- Ability to connect and effectively communicate with people of all levels
- Deliver an awesome candidate experience at each stage of our process by sharing insights into our culture, mission and challenges.
- Experience with Greenhouse (applicant tracking system) a plus
Benefits: Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.