Episode is a mobile animated interactive storytelling network and marketplace created by Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment and games company. Episode empowers storytellers to create mobile-first stories, aiming to define storytelling for the 2+ billion people on mobile with stories that are part TV, novel, movie, and mobile game. Since launching in 2014, readers have read over 2 billion episodes and over 4 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode also partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Pretty Little Liars, Mean Girls: Senior Year and Demi Lovato: Path to Fame.
Pocket Gems is looking for a user interface / user experience designer with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experience in mobile games. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement. The candidate will also have experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment. An understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies is a must.
What you’ll be doing
- Executing visual design as a part of the Episode Product Team
- Creating and maintaining design standards, documentation and execution
- Graphic design with the Episode Creative Marketing team
- Consulting with clients and lead experience architect
- Competitive and comparative analysis on current standards and trends
- Performing other duties as assigned
- 4+ years of designing user interfaces for mobile, web, or apps
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Fundamental art skills: color theory, composition, typography, graphic design
- Experience in wireframing, prototyping, design testing, and rapid iteration
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Affinity for Episode’s target demographic and the products and apps they use
- Experience with the best tools for the task (eg. Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, Origami, Framer, etc.)
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.