Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment company backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent, is breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine. Profitable since launch in 2009, the company has grown to over 200 employees. Pocket Gems’ games have been downloaded over 250 million times by players around the world. Our ideal candidates enjoy a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
We’re currently looking for a Player Experience Specialist to help us provide support to our community of players as we grow into the next phase of the company. This position is full-time, in our San Francisco office. Key responsibilities include:
- Be the primary point-of-contact for all player support and community management for at least one game.
- Respond to player issues quickly and consistently via support tools.
- Help improve player support processes to increase efficiency and quality.
- Engage players daily via community forums and other channels.
- Track and respond to player issues and work with game teams to help resolve problems via JIRA.
- Monitor Google Play and Apple reviews in order to get a complete understanding of our player community
- Act as an advocate for players to game teams regarding feature development, tool needs, and technical issues
- Understand the product fully in order to provide helpful information to players
- Continually identify and offer suggestions for team, product, and process improvement
What we’re looking for:
- Serious gamer with deep knowledge of mobile games.
- Enjoys helping others, and sincerely wants to make players happy.
- Sharp, ambitious and motivated to be a part of a best-in-class team.
- Strong work ethic and motivation to provide top-quality support for players.
- Ability to juggle many things at once and prioritize appropriately based on best practices.
- Impeccable writing skills.
- Enjoy interacting with people of all personality types.
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision while still operating as a team.
· Strong sense of humor (bonus points for fluency in gifs).
Benefits: Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits to permanent employees, including a Premiere PPO health plan. We cover 100% of the cost of employees" Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. And most important - free lunches, dinners, drinks, & snacks Monday through Friday! Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.