Episode is a mobile animated interactive storytelling network and marketplace created by Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment and games company. Episode empowers storytellers to create mobile-first stories, aiming to define storytelling for the 2+ billion people on mobile with stories that are part TV, novel, movie, and mobile game. Since launching in 2014, readers have read over 2 billion episodes and over 4 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode also partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year and Demi Lovato: Path to Fame.
How would you like to spend your day playing and testing mobile entertainment on the most popular mobile devices? Sounds pretty sweet, right? We think so too! As an Associate Test Lead at Pocket Gems, you’ll be part of the team pushing the mobile frontier: testing in the most responsive, polished and flexible entertainment environments. You’ll also be tackling exciting testing challenges on Episode: verifying continuously updated content, testing multiple stories, and helping create the best storytelling experience on mobile. Work with engineers and designers who crave and appreciate each of your bugs - imagine that! And, you will have a seat at the table when designing and enhancing Episode - we love great ideas and don't care where they come from.
An ideal candidate would have:
- 2-3 years of experience working in the software development industry as a Tester or Associate Test Lead
- Bacherlors degree required
- Passion for testing with an understanding of QA methodologies
- Ability to write relevant, actionable, and reproducible bug reports and test cases that stand up to withering scrutiny
- Experience with working with offshore QA vendors and developing nightly test plans
- Experience leading small teams and supervising Testers
- Coordinate and manage daily tickets and assignments
- Ensure test processes are communicated and understood by the team
- Ownership over product submissions and releases
- A keen eye for identifying risks associated with any request to deviate from known test processes
- Passionate about interactive storytelling, especially with new technology and mediums
- An understanding of software development processes
- Ability to recognize test case deficiencies and propose improvements
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Expressed by an ability to convey your thoughts and opinions over written medium and verbally
- Mobile interactive Entertainment or game testing experience a plus
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including a Premiere PPO health plan. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.