Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment company backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent, is breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine. Profitable since launch in 2009, the company has grown to over 200 employees. Pocket Gems’ games have been downloaded over 250 million times by players around the world. Our ideal candidates enjoy a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
This person will join one of our new teams working on "core" games in the sci-fi or fantasy genres. We are looking for artists excited to bring AAA quality work and establish Pocket Gems as a leader in 3D art for mobile, creating games that appeal to a wide audience of players. We are excited to be shaping and defining games as we know it on mobile.
- Design and produce high-quality 2D marketing assets using a combination of classic techniques married with current 3D tools.
- Collaborate with Director, Creative Services and clients to deliver creative ideas, iterate, refine and ship final quality Marketing assets that drive installs.
- Mentor other marketing artists.
- 4+ years of experience
- Proficient in Maya.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong understanding of the 3D production pipeline from 2D concept to 3D modeling, rigging and animation.
- Strong understanding of shape and silhouette in regard to posing 3D models.
- Able to quickly learn and manipulate other artists’ scenes and character rigs.
- Able to competently contribute 2D artwork to fulfill project’s needs.
- Strong organizational and file management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- BFA, MFA, art degree, or equivalent experience as a 3D Production Artist.
- Portfolio demonstrating:
- Expert graphic design portfolio, exercising strong compositional skills
- Excellent lighting and rendering capabilities
- Excellent layout and design
- Experience creating advertisements for video games
- Animation samples
- Zbrush Experience, Keyshot rendering and Substance experience
- An avid and passionate gamer across multiple platforms
Benefits: Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including a Premiere PPO health plan. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.